Visually collect and organize your ideas in mind maps with so called nodes. Thereby you get an overview over all ideas, concepts and drafts.
When you are using the plan-based approach, you should ensure that the main nodes of your mind map correspond with the project phases (Top-Down).
1. Open an existing project or create a new one.
2. To create a new mind map click on Mind Maps on the Start tab.
3. To name the mind map right-click somewhere in the mind map area and click on Edit Mind Map in the context menu. A new window will open. Type a name for your mind map in the Name field.
4. Create as many nodes as needed. Following the plan-based approach, the main nodes correspond with the project phases. To create a node, right-click on the node in the middle and click on New Node in the context menu.
5. By default a new node is created as a sub-node of the marked node. Name the node and push enter.
6. To create sub-nodes select a node and right-click to open the context menu. Click on New Node in the context menu. A sub-node that is directly connected to the selected node appears in the mind map. Name the sub-node and push enter.
7. To edit a node, right-click on it and enter additional information.
8. Create as many nodes as needed and position them by drag-and-drop.
9. Format the mind map and edit the background color of a node or add a symbol to it. For more information on formatting see Selected Mind Map features.
10. When you are finished you can copy the mind map to the planning. Therefore see the following chapter: Copy a mindmap to the planning
Create another mind map
To create another mind map in the same project, right-click and choose New Mindmap, or click on the mind map symbol in the lower menu bar, or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+M.