This chapter explains how to track working time in InLoox. The system automatically assigns the effort to the project plan and stores a separate cost record.
You can create a time tracking entry either directly in the project, or in the project overview:
1. Open an already existing project.
2. In the project open the Start tab and click on Time to open the time tracking view of your project.
3. The time tracking view shows all time tracking entries of a specific project. To create a new time tracking entry, click on New.
4. A side panel will open on the right side. Here you can add all important information regarding the new time tracking entry:
5. When you have added all important facts, close the side panel by clicking on the icon next to Basic Information in the right corner. Your changes have been saved already.
6. To edit an already existing time tracking entry, double-click on the entry in the time tracking view of your project. Alternatively, select the entry in the time tracking list and click on Edit on the Edit tab. Alternatively, click on the entry once and then on Edit Time on the right side. The side panel will open up again on the right side and you can edit the information of the entry you have selected. Then close the side panel and your changes will be saved.
Even faster you can create time tracking entries in the time tracking overview over all projects:
1. Start on the project overview. Select Time from the bottom navigation to go to the time tracking.
2. This time tracking overview contains all time tracking entries of all projects.
3. In the Start tab click on New time entry, to create a new time tracking entry.
4. A dialog box Edit Time will open on the right. Add all information and follow the procedure that is described above in Create and edit time tracking entries within a project. Additionally, select the project to assign the new entry to a project.
5. When you have added all information, click on the Save Button in the upper right corner.
6. To edit an already existing time tracking entry, double-click on the entry in the time tracking overview. Alternatively, you can select it in the list and click on Edit in the Start tab. The dialog box Edit Time will open and you can edit the information of the entry. Afterwards click on the Save Button in the upper right corner.