If your project also includes a project time planning (Gantt chart), then you can assign project-related tasks to the appropriate activity in the Gantt chart. This is particularly useful if a task is to be completed within the time frame of this activity and it is related to the content. However, you do not necessarily have to assign tasks, they can also exist as "free tasks" in the project.
To assign a task to the project schedule, please proceed as follows:
- Go to planning in the project. To do this, open the project and click on Planning on the Start tab in the ribbon.
- Now double-click on the task or collective task to which a task is to be assigned. The page panel for editing planning elements opens on the right.
- Select the Unassigned tasks tab at the top of the page panel.
- You will now get an overview of all tasks in the project that have not yet been assigned to a planning element in the Gantt chart.
- Now drag the desired task with the mouse from the side panel to the appropriate activity or milestone.
- You have the following options:
- Drag the task onto an activity or milestone so that the corresponding row is highlighted. Then release the task. It will now be displayed as a task under this activity. A new task is created in the project plan.
- You can also convert a task into a planning activity. To do this, drag the task from the side panel to the position in the planning list where the new task is to be created. A black line appears in the planning list. Then release the task. A new task is created to which the task is assigned.
- You can also drag the task from the side panel to a collective operation. A subordinate task with the name of the task is then created below the collective task. The task is assigned to this task.
If you want to remove a task from the Gantt chart again, select the task in the planning list. Then click Remove on the Edit tab.
The task will then reappear in the Tasks page panel.
Adding multiple tasks to the project schedule
You can add single or multiple tasks at once to the project schedule by dragging and dropping. You can select multiple tasks by holding down the Shift or CTRL key. Then you simply drag the tasks to the project schedule.