You can drop all important documents regarding your project in the document list. How to open the document list of a project:
- Double-click to open an existing project.
- To open the document list, click on Documents in the Start tab.
Features on the Edit tab
- Open: To open a document, choose one from the list and click on Open. You need specific user permissions for this action.
- Download Document: Select a document from the list and click Download Document. The download folder in the Explorer opens - this is where the document was saved.
- Replace Document: Select a document from the list and click Replace Document. You can now replace this document with another one. Attention: this is only possible if you have previously uploaded a file (and not if you have only uploaded a file link).
- New Folder: Choose a folder from the document folder tree structure on the left and click on New Folder. A subfolder of the selected folder is created.
Features on the View tab
- Expand all/Collapse all: Change the view of the document folder tree structure by clicking on Expand all/Collapse all.
- Select Fields: Filter the document to quickly find needed information. Click on a field in the dialog box and frag it into the column headers. To reset the field, click on the field in the column headers and drag it into the empty space below the document list.
Document folder view:
- The entry All documents displays all documents which are saved within the project.
- The entry Favorites displays all documents which have been marked in the ribbon as Favorites.
- The entry Project folder displays all the documents of the project file store excluding subfolder content. The Project folder can contain subentries by the means of a tree structure, representing the physical structure of the file store or the SharePoint system.
- Use the filter feature to quickly find needed data. For more information see Search and filter in a project
- If a lock icon is displayed in the document list, you have no reading permission. In this case no document will be displayed in the list.