Outlook, and especially the InLoox features in Outlook, work very slowly.
The problem can have two different origins:
- The connection to the InLoox data base failed.
- The network is busy or there are bottlenecks to the server.
Please follow these steps to solve the problem:
- If the connection to the InLoox data base failed, test your firewall settings :
- Click Start-> Run.
- Enter the following command: "telnet SERVERNAME 1433" (replace the SERVERNAME by your server name from the network).
- If you see only a black screen with a flashing cursor, the connection was established successfully (otherwise you will get an error message).
- If you received an error message, please check your firewall settings.
- If the problem persists, check the access rights to the data base. Instruction on how to do this can be found in the chapter "Authorization Configuration” in the "InLoox 6.x configuration guide for Microsoft SQL Server" in the download section. You can also use the faster SQL authentication for MS SQL servers.