In general, you have different options for creating a new time entry:
You have the option to create a time entry directly from a task:
1. Click on Projects in the menu on the left and then open an existing project.
2. Click on the Tasks tab in the project and select the task from the Kanban Board for which you want to create a time entry.
3. In the opened task, you can see how much time you already booked for the task. To create a new time tracking entry, click on the button Track Time. It will directly create and open a time entry based on the task. All information from the task will be taken over, you only have to adjust the duration and you can change the title, description etc. if you want. More details can be found below under "Fill time entry with details".
1. Click Projects in the left menu and then open an existing project.
2. Click on the Time tab in the project and then on the blue button New Time Entry.
3. The new time entry, still without information, will now appear in the list. To edit it, click on the default name New Time Entry and proceed as described below.
Once you have created a time entry, you need to fill it with details. To open and edit it, click on the created time entry with the default name New Time Entry and follow the further steps:
After you have added all important information, close the editing window. Your entries have already been saved automatically.
TIP It is useful to create time tracking entries immediately after completing a task. You change the start date and time manually so that both correspond to the actual processing time and then enter the time spent. Thus, the time tracking entry shows the actual amount of work with correct start date.
1. Start in the global time tracking entry view by clicking Time in the menu on the left.
2. At the top of the bar, first select a project for which you want to create a time entry and then click the blue button New Time Entry.
3. The new time entry, still without information, will now appear in the list.
TIP To find your new time entry in the list as quickly as possible, sort the start date so that the most recent entries are at the top (by clicking on Start date). To edit the time entry, click on the default name New Time Entry and proceed as described in "Fill the time entry with details".