If you are the admin, you can edit the settings for the document folder path and the document folder structure in the InLoox Options . As of InLoox version 9.0.12 admins can also set rules for the creation of document folders.
In the InLoox PM options you can define the rules for the document storage feature. To change the document folder path in the InLoox options, proceed as follows:
1. Open the InLoox PM options by clicking on File and afterwards directly below InLoox PM on options.
2. The dialog box Options opens.Click on Documents on the right side of the box and afterwards on Document Store.
3. Select the Automatically update document list on project startup check box to automatically refresh the document list when opening a project. This feature slows down the opening progress of a project, but ensures that the document list displays the latest status of the document folder.
4. Choose between File Server and SharePoint Server site as default document store.
4.1 When you manage your documents on your own computer or on a file server, choose File Server. Afterwards click on to select a folder and then click on OK.
4.2 When you manage your documents on a SharePoint server, choose SharePoint Server site.
Effects of changing the storage type, base path or rules:
The InLoox PM options allow you to individually define the folder structure for the document area. Thereby, you can automatically create subfolders in every document folder. You can create as many subfolders as needed.
For example, when you create a new subfolder (e.g. marketing) in the InLoox PM options. This new subfolder is created in every project document folder.
How to create a new subfolder
1. Open the InLoox PM options by clicking on File in the left corner. Afterwards click on Options below InLoox PM in the side panel.
2. Click on Documents and then on Folder structure. On the right side you will see the Folder structure area.
3. Click on OK or Apply, to save your changes.
Effects of changing the document folder structure:
In order to use this feature, you have to download InLoox version 9.0.12 or higher.
In this example, we want to create the subfolder “Product Development\Beta” only if it is a project of the division IT-Beta Team.
IMPORTANT The regular expression must exactly match the value used in the field. If the division is called “IT-Beta Team”, the rule will not apply if you enter „it-beta team“.
If you create a new project and click on New in the Documents section, the new folder structure is automatically created based on the newly set rules.
regular expressions for more complex rules
If you are familiar with regular expressions, you can use them to set more complex rules. Here are some examples:
PLEASE NOTE New rules are not applied to existing projects. They only apply for newly created projects.
PLEASE NOTE If a value for the regular expression does not exist, InLoox warns you with an x next to the field. The value for the regular expression must exactly match the value used in the field.
OR-rules for a document folder
You can set several OR-rules for one folder. Simply create each rule for the same folder. InLoox will then create the folder if one of the rules applies.
In this example, the Folder 3 will be created if the project name is „Intern“ followed by a space or if the customer in the project is „Intern“.
PLEASE NOTE You cannot create AND-rules.
Edit or delete rules
If you want to edit a rule, mark it and click on Edit or double-click on the rule. Now you can change the values for the rule. Click on Apply or click on OK to apply the changes an close the InLoox Options.
If you want to delete a rule, mark the rule and click on Delete. InLoox will ask you, if you really want to delete the rule. Confirm by clicking on Yes.
PLEASE NOTE If you delete a rule, this will not affect existing folder structures. The rule will only no longer be applied for newly created project document folders.