You can create templates of a complete budget including budget items. If you want to create a budget template out of an existing budget, you can do so in the respective Project Budgets directly. You can also create a budget template from scratch in the InLoox Options. There you can also edit and delete existing budget templates.
Follow the following steps to create a new budget template:
1. Go to the InLoox Options and in the folder structure on the left navigate to Budgets >> Templates >> Budget Templates
2. Click on New to create a new budget template.
3. Edit your template in the new dialog window:
- Type – Choose between the four budget types Expense (plan), Expense (actual), Revenue (plan) and Revenue (actual)
- Visible for all users – By default, the budget is only visible to yourself, but you can mark it as visible for all users.
- Name – Give your budget template a clearly distinguishable name so you and your team members can easily find it later.
- New - To create a new budget item click on New. A window will open in which you can edit the information of your budget item
- Edit and Delete - Mark the budget item which you want to edit or delete, and click on Edit or Delete respectively.
- Order of budget items - Change the order of the budget items in the list by marking a budget item and move it up or down by clicking on the arrows.
4. Click on OK to save your new budget template.