How to assign a work package to planning elements with InLoox PM 8?
Open an existing project or create a new one.
For more information on how to create a project see Create a project.
- In the project, go to the Section group on the Start tab and click on Planning.
First, create a planning by adding an activity or a milestone.
For more information on how to create an activity or a milestone, see Create and edit an activity or Create and Edit a milestone.
- You can add a work package to a planning element as follows:
Create a new work package Go to the Edit group on the Edit tab and click on New Work Package.
Go to the side panel of the Edit tab to add important, work package specific information.
- Find quickly the certain work packages via search feature. Enter the name in the Search work packages....
- Afte you have added a work package to the planning, its work load will be displayed in the Gantt chart.
- For more information on how to assign a work package to resources, see Add resources.
- You can also define the budget for the work package on the Work Package page.
- For more information on how to add further work package related information, see Create and edit a work package.
- Add an existing work package To display existing work packages, go to the side panel of the Work Packages tab and click on the Not Assigned Work Packages area.
Draw one work package and add it via Drag&Drop to a planning element. If you want to add it to the existing one, mark this planning element befor. If you want to add a work package as a planning element, just draw it to the planning list.
Work package related information like name, resources with capacity, etc. are displayed in the planning view.
For more information on how to create a new work package, see Create and edit a work package.
- You can delete a work package from the project plan by clicking Remove Work Package, in the Edit group, on the Edit tab.