InLoox PM saves storage space and avoids duplicate records simultaneously. As the software works with file and object links, documents are not saved in Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server.
The InLoox PM document storage and management technology is based on intelligent links within Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SharePoint Server. The advantages of this method are:
- Virtually no additional storage space required, keeping InLoox PM projects lean.
- File rights are inherited. If for example you add a file from a protected network folder or SharePoint store to the InLoox PM storage, the file can still only be read and updated by authorized users - at no additional cost.
- Backup and existing version and document management applications can still be used.
Open an existing project or create a new one.
For more information on how to create a project see Create a project.
In the project, on the Start tab, in the Section group, click Documents.
Choose first the document folder path in the new project to store the new documents. For more information see Create and change the document folder path.
- On the Edit page, in the Edit group, click New.
- Click the arrow on the button to open the context menu. Select File, Internet link or File link to link to you local data.
By choosing File click and choose a document you want from the Open dialog box.
The document will then be displayed in the Document list on the Documents page.
- Or click Edit to edit the document.
On the side paneldo the following:
- General information to the document on the Basic Information area
- In the Path box enter a path or an internet link.
- In the Status field enter instructions, e.g. complete or awaiting release.
In the Notes field enter comments and remarks to the document.
InLoox PM provides you with the range of the formatting features. For the detailed description see Create and change comments in the Customize comments section.
- Links to other project items on the Links area
- Create links:
- Click New link....
- Choose between Planning, Time Tracking or Mind Map items and Work packages from the Assign Document Relation dialog box.
Click Add and then OK.
InLoox PM displays a document as a paper clip on the page you have chosen. You can also open the document on this page.
- You can open the chosen page. Click link on the Links area.
- If you want to delete the item , click Delete symbol .
Sending a notification to a resource
All added resources receive automatically notifications about new, edit or deleted documents.
In the area Notifications, you can inform other resources, e.g. project planner, about assigned work packages and about the changes in them.
- Click the command to add resources. In the Select Contact dialog box click on the name and then click Select and OK.
The notification will be send on the selected resource as an email, when you save and close the project.
The email notification set by default.
- Add the document via Drag and Drop to the document list or to the other folder in the folder view left.
- You can also add the documents from Outlook to the InLoox PM planning via this function. For more information see Add Outlook elements to InLoox PM.