InLoox PM 8 allows you to expand the default data you use in your projects according to the project's unique requirements. You can create new fields either for the entire project or for specific areas in the project - Mind Mapping, planning, time tracking, documentation, and budgeting. You can rename custom fields at any point and as oftern as you need to. InLoox PM 8 supports several data types for custom fields. Please find below instructions for creating custom fields in InLoox PM 8:
Open the InLoox PM Options dialog box.
For more information on how to open the options secion in InLoox PM 8, please go to Open the InLoox PM options.
Click on Custom fields. The Custom fields setting section will open on the right.
- You can do the following things:
- Create a new custom field.
- Click on New.
- On the New Custom Field dialog box, in the Name field, type a name for the custom field that you want to create.
- Select the intended location from the Location drop-down list of the field (i.e. the list in which it is supposed to be displayed).
- Select a Type from the list. Possible types are:
- Text: free text value/string.
- Integer: integer value without decimal point.
- Decimal number: decimal number with decimal point.
- Checkbox: yes/no value.
- Date: date value without time.
- List: set of free text values / strings.
- Currency: decimal number with decimal point and currency symbol.
- Optionally, you can define a default value by selecting Edit default... from the drop-down list.
- In the Edit Text dialog box enter a default value.
- The field type List also allows you to:
- Change the order of the list items.
- Specify, whether users may enter own values (Allow add new items).
- Specify, whether empty selections are valid (Allow empty selection).
- Select OK.
- Edit an existing custom field.
- Select the custom field you want to change.
- Click on Edit. Please note that you can only modify the default values.
Remove an existing custom field.
Use the filter feature to quickly find the data you need. For more information on filtering in InLoox PM 8, go to Search and filter in a project.
- Select the custom field you want to remove from the list.
- Click on Delete.
- Select OK or Apply to save the changes.
If you delete a custom field, all contents of it in all projects are permanently removed from InLoox PM.
Each custom field is shown in its respective project next to a box that allows you to enter a custom value.