You can assign work packages to your project team members and determine the distribution of work. The procedure of assigning work packages is the same for activities, milestones and summary activities - all features can be found in the dialog box New or Edit of each planning item.
- Open the New Activity / New Milestone or the Edit Activity / Edit Milestone dialog box of a planning item to add a new resource. Choose one of the following options to open the dialog box:
- In the group Edit click New Activity / New Milestone or Edit Activity / Edit Milestone.
- Right-click on the project plan area and click New Activity / New Milestone or Edit Activity / Edit Milestone in the context menu.
Double-click an item in the project plan.
- Click the Resource tab.
- Do one of the following:
- Add a new resource:
- Click Add.
In the Edit Work Package dialog box, in the Resource box, click .
Use the quick selection to add a new resource. Click the Arrow . You can see in the drop-down list all resources, that have been added to the project.
In the Select Contact dialog box choose one name from the list. InLoox PM provides you with the InLoox PM address book as well as with the contacts from Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server.
Use the Skills feature to assign resources according to their skills. Click the Search by Skills drop-down list and select the respective check box. Then select a resource from the list and click OK. For more information see Assign skills to resources.
In the Resource box the new name will be displayed.
- Notify a resource:
In the New work package dialog box сhoose the notification type from the Notification drop-down list.
- Choose the notification type from the Notification drop-down list.
The notification determines when and how an added resource will be informed about the details of this work package.
Choose one of the following: (none), InLoox PM, Email, Outlook task request, Outlook appointment request. For more information, see the category Budget overview.
- For more information about notification types, see Display and process work packages.
Change the workload of the resource (optionally) in the Workload area.
You will see the workload of the resource in percent (%) during the defined time period. The effort determines the planned time and costs on the Budget Overview page, in the Budget Overview area, in the Planned expenses (resources) column.
- For more information see the category Budget overview.
- Select the Individual check box in the Cost per hour area and set an individual hourly rate for the resources, if you want to ignore the group cost rate. Type the respective values in the Purchase price and in the Selling price field.
- The Is asset billable check box is selected automatically to include the resource costs of this work package to the expenses (plan, resources).
- Select the This task is already completed check box in the Status area. The status shows, whether the particular resource has completed his/her task.
- Click OK.
- Edit a resource:
- In the New Activity / New Milestone or the Edit Activity / Edit Milestone dialog box, on the Resource tab, choose the resource's name from the Name list.
- Click Edit and make your entries in the dialog box.
- Click OK.
- Remove a resource:
- In the New Activity / New Milestone or the Edit Activity / Edit Milestone dialog box, on the Resource tab, choose the resource's name from the Name list you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
- Check the work amount:
In the New Activity / New Milestone or the Edit dialog box, on the Resource tab, click Work amount (h) to open the Resource overview.
The Resource overview displays an overview of all resources involved in one particular project or in all projects.
For more information see Open and manage the resource overview.
- Click Close.