You can add the related project documents to the planning elements. So, these documents are available for all users. The procedure of adding a document is the same for an activity, a milestone and summary activity - all features are in the dialog box New or Edit of each planning element.
- Open the New / Edit dialog box of a planning element to add a document. Choose one of the following options to open this dialog box:
- On the Edit tab, in the Edit group,click New Activity / New Milestone or Edit.
- Right-click on the Planning area and click New Activity / New Milestone or Edit in the context menu.
- Double-click a planning element.
- Click the Documents tab. Choose one of the following options:
- Add new document:
For more information on how to add a document, see Create and edit a document.
Now, the added document is displayed in the project plan with a paper clip . Click this symbol to open the document. This document is also saved on the Documents page.
- Add a previously saved document from the Document page:
- Click the Arrow next to the Add button.
- In the drop-down list, select Link.
- On the Select Entry dialog box, choose a document and click OK.
- Open a document:
- In the Documents area, choose a document from the list
- Click Open or double-click the item.
- Remove a document:
- Choose a document from the list on the Documents page that you want to remove.
- Click Delete.
You can link files with the InLoox PM project plan on your local computer or on a server. If you are a team member, specify the server path for the link to give access to all team members. For more information, see the category Documents.