Get a visual overview of upcoming tasks and the utilization of resources. InLoox PM provides you with different features to adjust the Gantt chart in a quick and comfortable way.
If you have no reading permissions, you cannot see planning elements in the Gantt Chart.
The following features for changing and editing the planning can be found in the Gantt chart:
- Edit a planning element directly in the planning list You can change the name and the time frame of the element directly in the planning. Click on the planning element row that you want to change and enter the new values.
- Change the position and duration of planning elements Press CTRG and drag the predecessor / successor relationship between activities and milestones with the mouse.
- Move or extend planning elements Keep the SHIFT key on your keyboard pressed and drag the planning element in the required position. So, the successor and predecessor will not be influenced by the changes.
- Center the selected planning elements Click on the selected element in the Gantt chart.
- Zoom in and out the view Press CTRG and scroll the mouse wheel for zooming.
- Edit dependency Double-click on the link line in the Gantt chart. The Dependency dialog box is displayed, where you can change the type of dependency and the lag.
Features in the context menu
The context menu provides you with almost all basic features that are also on the Planning page, such as New Activity, New Milestone, Edit, Delete, Done, Add Workpackage, Flag, Synchronize with. It has also such features as Expand and Collapse All, Choose Fields, Copy and Paste. Right-click in the Gantt chart to open the context menu.
For the detailed description of these features, see Work with the planning.
Information rules in the project list
- The current time is represented by a vertical yellow line.
The project end is marked in red.
For more information on how to activate the command Fixed deadline on the Management page in order to see the project end in the planning, see Add other project information.
- A time period is then in red in the planning, if the planning elements are over the project end in the planning.
A blue bar shows the status of the activity in percent (%).
For more information on how to set the status, see Create and edit an activity or Create and edit a milestone.
- Working times within start and end dates of the project are colored with a white background.
- Non-working times are colored in grey.
- InLoox PM allows you to start your planning earlier than the project start and to finish it later than the project end. In both cases, the planning for this time period is colored in red.
- CTRG+N Create a new activity.
- CTRG+N Create a new milestone.
- CTRG+A Select all planning elements.
- CTRG+C Copy a planning element into the clipboard.
- CTRG+V Paste a planning element from the clipboard to the Gantt chart.
- CTRG+arrow to right Moves the selected element to right.
- CTRG+arrow to left Moves the selected element to left.
- CTRG+arrow upwards Moves the selected element upwards.
- CTRG+arrow downwards Moves the selected element downwards.
- Mark the last element in the project plan+arrow downwards Creates new planning element.
- Insert Inserts new planning element.