In the project, in the Start tab, in the Section group, click Documents to open the Document page. On this page, in the Edit tab you will find the following features:
Add new document On the Edit tab, in the Edit group click New.
For more information see Create and edit a document.
- Edit a document On the Edit tab, in the Edit group click Edit to change the document.
- Remove a document On the Edit tab in the Edit group click Delete to remove the selected document from the document list on the right side.
- Copy and paste Create quickly documents with the help of Copy and Paste feature on the Edit tab in the Edit group.
Open a document Choose one document from the document list on the right side. On the Edit tab in the Edit group click Open.
You need the administrator permission to open the document.
View file properties On the Edit tab, in the Documents group click File Properties to open them.
On the File Properties dialog box list the tabs to view and change the properties.
- Send a document via email On the Edit tab, in the Documents group click Send As Mail. In the drop-down list select Send Link(s), if you want to send only document path, or Send Document(s) to send the document as an attachment.
Create a new subfolder Choose a folder from the document folder tree view on the left side. On the Edit tab, in the Documents group cllick New Folder. In the Create New Folder dialog box type a new name and click OK.
For more options on how to create a new subfolder, see Create a new subfolder.
InLoox PM creates automatically a new subfolder in the document folder view.
- Open a document folder On the Edit tab, in the Documents group click Open Folder to open the document folder in Windows Explorer or the web browser (in the case of a SharePoint document library).
Update Document List Refreshes the document folder view and the document list by reading all entries of the file store or SharePoint system. This feature is available on the Edit tab, in the Documents group.
For more information see Create and change the document folder path, in the Create the Document folder path.
Clean Document Folder Removes all orphaned entries of the document list. This feature is available on the Edit tab, in the Documents group.
For more information see Cleaning the document list.
Choose the document folder path On the Edit tab, in the Documents group click Folder .
For more information see Create and change the document folder path.
- Delete the document folder path On the Edit tab, in the Documents group click . InLoox PM selects the document folder anew according to the document folder rule as soon as a new document is added to the project.
Print a document list On the View tab, in the Common group click Print to start the quick print feature of the document list on the right side.
For more information about printing, see Generale features and print of the project list, in the Print in the project list.
- Expand or reduce the document folder view Change the view with the help of Expand All or Collapse All on the View tab, in the Common group, to make clear the document folder view.
- Choose Fields This feature sorts and organizes the project by important data. On the View tab, in the Common group click Choose Fields.
- On the Choose Fields dialog box click one field, e.g. Outlook sender, and drag it into the column headers.
- Reset the fields per Drag and Drop into the dialog box.
- Change the preview area InLoox PM provides you with the preview area to view important infomation of each document without openning it.
- On the View tab, in the Common group click Preview Area.
- In the drop-down list click Right or Bottom to set the preview area where you want. Click Off to deactivate it.
- Create a report On the Reports tab you can create a report.
In the Create Reports group click Create Report, in the New Report dialog box, in the Report tab choose a template from the Use this template drop-down list.
For more information on how to issue a report and adjust the data, see Create a report.
In the Reports group select a saved report from the gallery view, e.g. Meeting.
For more information on how to add new report template to the InLoox PM system, see Manage report templates.
Information rules in the document folder view
- The entry All documents displays all the documents of the project file store including all subfolders in the document list.
- The entry Project folder displays all the documents of the project file store excluding subfolder content.
- The entry Project folder can contain subentries by the means of a tree structure, representing the physical structure of the file store or the SharePoint system.
Information rules in the document list
- An entry contains the following data: filename, size, type, state, note, created on, changed on, folder and path.
If the element was added to the project using the button Add to Project the following is also included: Outlook sender, Outlook topic, Outlook received on.
For more information see Add Outlook elements to InLoox PM.
- If the project document folder is a SharePoint document library, the following is also included: SharePoint author, SharePoint operator, SharePoint document library, SharePoint site, SharePoint subfolder.
Information rules in the preview area
- Choose a document from the document list in order to see it in the preview area. The preview area allows you to see the whole document with several pages.
- Use Copy and Paste features in the document, on the preview area.
Features in the context menu
The context menu of the document list provides you with almost all basic features that are also available on the Documents page, on the Ribbon, such as Open File, New, Edit, Delete, Update Document List, Clean Up Document List, File Properties, Copy and Paste. It has also such features as Expand and Collapse All Groups, Choose Fields. Right-click in the document list to open the context menu.
- CTRG+C Copy a document into the clipboard.
- CTRG+V Paste a document from the clipboard to the document list.
You have no read permissions, if the lock icon is displayed in the list. In this case no item will be displayed.