Note You need administrator rights to create custom fields. Custom fields are available for all InLoox PM versions and for InLoox now! Enterprise version.
InLoox allows you to create new custom fields either for the entire project or for specific areas in the project:
You can rename custom fields at any point and as oftern as you need to. InLoox supports several data types for custom fields and lets you set rules for the display of custom fields. Please find below instructions for creating custom fields in InLoox:
If you have admin permissions for InLoox, you can create your own custom fields for new columns in the planning list. In Outlook, open the by clicking on File and on InLoox Options.
1. Click on Custom Fields and then on New to create a new type of custom fields.
2. Name the new custom field and choose the Location where in InLoox the custom field shall be displayed.
3. Then select the Type of custom field. You can choose from Text, Date, Integer (number), Decimal number, Checkbox, List, or Currency.
4. Then enter the Default value that will automatically be displayed in the custom field. Click on the edit Symbol to open the window to edit the default value. In this example, the custom field type for the custom field Risk is List and the default values are High, Medium, and Low. The InLoox users can select one of these three values in InLoox Projects to highlight e.g. high-risk projects.
You can allow InLoox users to leave the custom field empty by setting a check mark at Allow empty selection.
If InLoox users should be able their own values, set a check mark at Allow user to add new items. Beware, however, that allowing this kind of individual customization may cause confusion.
5. Per default, the newly created custom field ist always displayed. If you want to set a rule for this custom field, select Display only if and follow the instructions below.
6. If you want to delete custom fields, mark the field in the overview list and click on Delete.
Note You need administrator rights to create custom fields. Custom fields are available for all InLoox PM versions and for InLoox now! Enterprise
Note Division support is only available in InLoox PM Enterprise and InLoox now! Enterprise
Similarly to the document structure, you can create custom fields according to individual rules. This is convenient because not every field is relevant for every department. If you have a lot of custom fields, it can be difficult to keep track of which fields need to be filled in and which are only optional. With this new feature you can now define which fields are automatically displayed for which department.
The marketing department often creates documents that go through various feedback rounds before they are released for publication. Here it is convenient to have a custom field in the documents that indicates the editing status of the document. Follow these steps to create this custom field:
The editing window opens
1. Give your custom field a unique and easily distinguishable name such as "Editing Status Documents"
2. Select the InLoox area in which the field should be placed. In this case, select Documents
3. Select List as type:
- Click on to enter the list entries
- For example, the first entry could be "In Process". Confirm with Enter or click on the green plus icon.
- Other list entries could be "In Review" and "Final"
- Select which entry should be the default selection, in our case it's "In Process"
- Confirm with OK
4. Now define your rule. In the editing dialog, select "Display only if"
5. Click on Fields and select division
6. Enter the exact name of the division, i.e. how it is saved under "Divisions" in the InLoox Options - in this case "Marketing"
Now confirm with OK. You will now find the newly created field in the list of custom fields.