By assigning project team members such as members of the project team, project partners, customers etc., you are able to distribute the workload of the project to the co-workers and to inform project members which projects they are assigned to or following up its process. Your employees will know for which parts of the business they are responsible.
By setting up a project team, you define access permissions to the project.
For more information on how to share the permissions or add a user to the list, please see Set up permissions.
Open an existing project or create a new one.
For more information on how to create a project see Create a project.
- On the Management page, in the Staff area do the following:
- Assign a project manager Click Manager and then in the Choose Resource dialog box choose an address book from the Address Book drop-down list. Select from the list one or more names for the project.
- Assign a team Click Team and select from the list one or more internal co-workers.
- Assign a customer Click Customer and select from the list one or more customer contacts for the project.
- Assign a partner Click Partner and select from the list one or more persons, whom you want to add to the project as project partners.
- Assign more team members Click More and specify any other contacts, e.g. quality control staff, heads of department or other stakeholders.
- It is possible that you set permissions (read/write and delete) by assigning persons to the project in InLoox PM Workgroup or Enterprise Server, if InLoox PM is accordingly configured. For more information see the category Security and Data Protection.
- InLoox PM provides you with different address books such as the InLoox PM address book, Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server address books.
- Use the Skills feature on the Choose Resource dialog box to assign resources according to their skills. Click the Search by Skills drop-down list and activate the check boxes of the required skills. Then click OK. A list of employees with the respective skills is displayed. Select a resource from the list and click OK. For more information see Assign skills to resources.
In the Staff area, the following possibilities are available:
- Double-click the name of the staff member to open the assigned contact.
- Select a mailing list containing for example all members of the customer's project team. Mailing lists are automatically resolved by InLoox PM.
- Right click on one of the resources to open the context menu and choose Delete or Delete all items to remove the name or names. Use Up and Down to change the order of the names. Click Details to open the contact information.
- Use the quick selection to add a new resource. Click the Arrow in the button to see the drop-down list of all resources that have been added to the project. In the new project, you will see the resources that are involved in the other InLoox PM projects. Click Delete all contacts to clear the selection.
- Use Drag&Drop to shift a resource to another box, e.g. from the Partner box to the Customer(s) box by clicking the respective name and dragging it with the mouse to the field.
- Pull out a resource out of the box in order to remove it.
- Press CTRL and drag a resource to another box to copy it.